11 Easy Ways To Visibly Establish Your Brand
As we continue our comprehensive, all-things under the umbrella of Human Resources (HR) blog series, we now focus on ways you can visibly establish your brand and your company in your community.
Essentially, your brand is your company. When people think of “brand names” they are thinking of recognizable companies like Apple, Google, and Coca-Cola. All of these are companies that have created a universal brand and standard in their fields. The dream for every company is to create a universally known, used, and loved household brand, but the reality of that happening is small. The good news though is that there are effective ways of creating a visible presence and establishing your brand that will innately help you market as well as hire and retain the best.
Strategic Goals and Planning Precede Promotion
We know that the end goal of every HR professional is to establish your company, maintain a great reputation, create an incredible work environment, retain top talent, and…much more. What we’re getting at is that HR professionals wear many hats and all of these things take an incredible amount of dedication.
While you might want to jump straight into hiring and retaining the best talent as soon as possible, there’s a lot of work that goes into creating your unique brand that should happen before you begin to promote your business. It’s all about the end goal and strategically planning around it.
First, you will need to establish and develop your target audience. This entails developing an entire “buyer persona” which will help you tailor content to the people who will most resonate with your product and brand. HubSpot is the king of showing you how to create your buyer persona so check out this blog to create yours.
Now for how you can get your brand’s name out there and watch it catch on like wildfire.
11 Easy Ways To Visibly Establish Your Brand
- To recruit the best people, networking is essential. Creating strong business connections will mean you are also growing your business and bottom line. Keep up to date on Louisville Business First’s local networking events here.
- Job fairs are a great way to visually represent your company. Be sure to bring engaging features to your table/display to attract potential candidates to come interact at your table.
- Work with influencers in your industry. They have the ability to reach an even more specifically targeted demographic of your audience and can make a profound impact in spreading the word on your product and brand. Forbes has five tips on how you can work with them.
- Utilize all social media platforms your company has. Run social ads targeted to your audience and increase hype by posting teasers about your products, services, giveaways, and more.
- Make sure you invest in a quality website, which should include a lot of search engine optimization (SEO) research, keyword research, and engaging content to attract your audience and keep their attention.
- Consider writing a press release about the opening of your business and everything else that you consider newsworthy! You can email them to local reporters to see if they get picked up in local media or use PRLog, a free press release distributing platform.
- Create a blog. A cornerstone of good marketing is creating content that not only attracts your audience but answers questions they have about your industry. It shouldn’t be overly “sales-y” language, but more conversational and informative while maintaining your distinct and engaging brand voice.
- Participate in Twitter Chats. Many influential companies host Twitter chats revolving around trends and hot topics in their industry. As such, this is a great place to connect with like-minded individuals and gain authority in your field as well.
- Create a giveaway. Everyone loves free things! Whatever your product or service is, be sure your audience knows you see them and engage them by creating a giveaway. Here’s what you need to know on creating a successful social media giveaway contest.
- Set up an email and create a drip campaign. Once you’ve gained authority and compiled a solid contact list, it’s time to start engaging them through consistent emails. Update them on what’s happening in the business, giveaways, other opportunities they can be involved with your company, and more.
- Consider signing up to be coached. As a business owner, you are stretched thin. The benefits of business coaching are many. Want to know how to be a better leader, engage your employees, and go to new heights? A business coach can help you achieve your end goals.
This is just a small list of simple ways to creatively and effectively establish your brand. For more HR resources, visit our Learning Hub for videos, webinars, and whitepapers.