How Onboarding Looks to a New Employee
Congratulations! After all the advertising, screening, interviewing, and option weighing, you’ve finally extended an offer to the employee of your choice. Naturally, you want to get the new employee productive and on the payroll as fast as possible. Yet this is precisely where many organizations fall down. All too often, before anything can happen, managers and new employees are handed stacks of HR, legal, and tax paperwork to muddle through, as well as dealing the various news laws like FLSA and ACA. It’s hard to streamline the process while keeping it user-friendly. Furthermore, not only is pushing through all that paperwork boring, it can potentially slow productivity time for days or even weeks.
However, with all of this going on, have you ever stopped to consider how this whole process looks to a new employee? It all reflects on you and your company. So, is your on-boarding process efficient or a convoluted mess? Is it streamlined via the computer or are you just pushing paper? Are you truly reflecting your company culture with what’s in place?
5 Tips For Employee Onboarding
1. Develop a Strategy. While 67 percent of HR leaders say that they have a formal onboarding strategy, only 13 percent of employees concur that their companies have a formal on-boarding strategy, exposing a major disconnect. It’s easy to say that a strategy is in place, but do you actually follow it? Make sure you create one that is flexible, easy to follow, and still gets the checklist done.
2. Automation. What you need is an automated approach that does away with the paper chase (and the boredom) of inefficient, manual onboarding procedures. This way, your new employees can get on with the job they were hired to do – fast. Electronic onboarding facilitates timely and accurate completion of federal, state, and client-specific forms, which is perfect when you’re dealing with new laws.
3. Integration. Integration with Catalyst (APS’ HRIS System) enables seamless transfer of personal, Equal Employment Opportunity, and new hire data. Making the process from HR to management just a click of the button.
4. Streamline the Process. Make sure your process is streamlined and easy to use. Eliminate the administrative costs, delays, and errors associated with manual re-keying and paper- based processes by making the whole process electronic with a robust platform like Catalyst.
5. Consistency. Create a consistent hiring practice across all locations. Enable your hiring managers to onboard the right people faster for immediate productivity gains through electronic onboarding that has already been put into place.
Our Suggested Program for Employee Onboarding
Catalyst Onboarding is a sophisticated, yet easy-to-use add-on module that helps to streamline and simplify the employee onboarding process. It captures all onboarding details, facilitates compliance with organizational policies and government regulations, and improves internal efficiency. Exactly what you need to avoid being a paper-pusher, to streamline your process, and to make onboarding easy for employees.
Before using APS, organizations like yours found that hiring and on-boarding was a time-consuming manual process. It was taking away valuable time that could be better spent, which was ultimately costing their companies more than they thought.
Companies that transition to a more electronic onboarding platform find that their onboarding productivity improved 30% – 60%.
How Does Our Onboarding Program Improve Employee Onboarding Productivity?
- Help streamline the hiring and onboarding process
- Automation helps reduce staff costs
- Paper and spreadsheet-based systems are eliminated
Basically, the 5 tips that we suggested above, from streamlining the process to making it more comfortable for the employee, can all be checked off using a single program.
Interested in working with APS? Contact Us to learn more.